online marketing 101: online marketing strategies. online marketing is cost-effective, it’s easier to reach your audience and you know exactly who you’re reaching. you have the ability to optimize campaigns and websites if they are not performing the way you want them to. you can clearly see how many people have opened your emails and clicked a link. you can even target who you want to when you want to. stop wasting time and money on traditional marketing and go digital!
GET 2 FREE MONTHS OF UNLIMITED CLASSES | with thousands of online classes, skillshare can help you improve your professional skill set, start that side hustle, pursue a passion project, and so much more. no commitments. cancel anytime. START FOR FREE TODAY » https://skillshare.eqcm.net/eb6JZ
1. know your target audience and knowing how to target them these two online marketing tips are key. if you’re not targeting the right group of people, you’re going to lose money. it’s as simple as that. you will need to aggressively research your target market, or hire an online marketing company to do it for you.
2. optimize your site most business owners know that their websites need to be optimized in order for search engines to find them and rank them. if you don’t know, that’s okay. you can learn all about seo here and then you’ll be up to speed!
3. google ads (ppc) just like optimizing your site to rank for keywords, you can use our online marketing tips to pay to run advertisements on google so that your business is shown on the first page of search results. ranking this way is instantaneous where as seo takes some time before you will be able to see your site on the first page of search results. it certainly pays off to be at the top of the page.
4. advertisement congruence if your business is running ads this is one of our most important online marketing tips! ad congruence is when your ads and landing pages look alike or have the same message.
5. write blogs a blog can help out your seo immensely. writing longer blogs that are full of relevant keywords and rich content trigger a response from search engines to rank your site higher. it also adds value for your customers.
6. backlink backlinks can make a huge difference for your website’s seo. a backlink is when another website links to a page on your site. when you get a backlink from a site that has a higher domain authority than you do, it sends a signal to google that your site is credible which can improve your rankings. think of it like one of your superiors at a previous job writing a recommendation letter for you. that’s how the search engines see it. the more recommendations or backlinks you have, the more likely you are to move up in search rankings!
7. internal linking internal linking can strengthen your website and increase your rankings. it can also aid in site navigation, building page hierarchy, and it helps distribute page authority throughout your website. the more content you have the better so make sure you learn about the importance of content marketing for your business.