Want to know what successful private schools are doing that keeps them ahead of the competition? Keep watching.
If your private school is struggling to get your name out and attract students, consider implementing some of these ideas.
Address parents’ concerns by showing them what your private school offers that public schools don’t, such as:
• Explain the benefits of a smaller class – don’t just tell them you have a smaller class size.
• Academic excellence – what does this mean to the parent and student? Do you have a higher percentage of students that go on to college? Do your students go on to attend better Universities?
• Fine arts and music programs – explain how this can help more creative students and that your programs are not in danger of budget cuts.
If you are in charge of public relations for your school, community involvement needs to be at the top of your list.
Organize volunteer days that benefit the local community such as:
• Outdoor beautification projects
• Helping the food banks
• Assisting at Homeless shelters
• Assisting at Pet shelters
• Ongoing community events
As for online marketing initiatives, consider adding video to your marketing mix:
• About 90 percent of Internet traffic will come from videos by 2015
• 28 percent of Google searches involve YouTube and its video library
• Video keeps visitors on your website longer
• You can use video with your social media efforts as well
If your school’s website does not feature videos – and if your school does not have a YouTube channel – it is time to make a change!
Contact the digital marketing experts at Six Degrees Digital Media to improve your private school’s marketing today.
Connect with us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow our blog